Connect with God and others.
Welcome to Celebration
Celebration isn't just a location.
It is a group of people that are committed to living life in a way that honors God.
Each week we share in an authentic, contemporary celebration focused on biblical principles that change hearts.Come comfortably dressed and prepared to be among friends.
What to Expect at Celebration
/beˈlong/ verb 1- to fit into a group naturally or to be a part of something else. 2- to be a part of Celebration with your family and friends.
/ke'nekt/ verb 1- to join, link, or fasten together, unite or bind 2- Develop relationships with each other through Communities, Groups, and special events.
/de'si pel/ verb 1- to teach; train 2- to grow more like Christ as a part of the Celebration family, through Groups, Sunday teachings, and other opportunities.
/'mobe liz/ verb 1- to bring (people) together for action 2- to find new and exciting ways to serve and share the God News of Jesus.
- Graduate of the University of the Cumberlands in Williamsburg, KY and New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Married to Pam. Two children and one son-in-law.
- Served as missionary for 10 years in Zambia and Ethiopia.
- At Celebration since 2006.
Pastor of Christian Living
- Graduate of the University of West Florida and New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Married to Jana. Two children.
- At Celebration since 2008.
Pastor of Celebration Creative
- Graduate of Western Washington University and the University of British Columbia.
- Married to Shelley. Four children and one daughter-in-law.
- at Celebration since 2006
- Graduate of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Married to Jo. Seven children.
- Served with the North American Mission Board.
- At Celebration since 2006.
- Graduate of Clearwater Christian College.
- Married to Allyson. Two children.
- At Celebration since 2010.
- Graduate of Florida A&M University
- Married to Angus. Two children.
- At Celebration since 2007.
Student Ministry Assistant
After School/Summer Camp Assistant Director
Kinderschool Ministry Assistant
Business Administrator’s Assistant
Maintenance Team Leader
Student Ministry Intern
Senior Pastor’s Assistant
Director of Communications
After School/Summer Camp Director
Preschool & Child Care Coordinator
Worship & Creative Arts Volunteer Coordinator
Celebration Baptist Church started as a mission of Immanuel Baptist Church of Tallahassee in 1980. The new congregation grew quickly and a year later it purchased its current 12.44 acre site and promptly began construction on what is now our family activity building. Throughout the 1980s the church continued to experience growth and in 1989 the Celebration family moved in to a new worship center.
In 2001 the church purchased 100 acres as a potential future home for the congregation. After much prayer the church family felt led to remain on their property in Killearn Estates. The 100 acres was sold to the City of Tallahassee and plans were made to expand and improve the current campus.
In August of 2014, the Celebration Family was very excited to open the doors to their new preschool building and the Broom Tree Cafe. They look forward to continued growth to meet the needs of families in Tallahassee!