In the Bible the Church is described as one body with many parts(1 Corinthians 12:12). Each of us in the Celebration family is a part of that body and we all have a part in making that body work. We are called to use our gifts and talents to serve each other and the Church. Below you will find some of the ways that you can be a part of the Body of Christ at Celebration by serving!
“Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…”
Team Celebration is the way to get connected to serving! Visit the "Serve Here" tent on the runway to start the simple three step process to connecting.
|Apply- Fill out and submit a Volunteer Application & Background Check Authorization form. (No person will be allowed to volunteer without completing this form.) Where do you get the form?
When completed, the form is automatically and securely submitted to Human Resource Administrator (HRA) who will run the background check (see section on the next page) that week and will contact you if there is any problem or question with it.
|Train- In a few days, you will be contacted by a Ministry Leader. They will instruct you to view and complete a General Training Video and, as appropriate, a specific Ministry Training Video (i.e. - Children’s, First Impression, Students, Groups, Worship). Once you have completed the training, they will arrange to meet you and guide you in engaging as a volunteer!|
All volunteers will be checked against the national database for criminal history, including felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, and where permitted, felony traffic offenses. Also included is a search of Federal watch lists for the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (ATF), and Most Wanted lists for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the US Secret Service, America's Most Wanted, and the US Marshal's office. Additional screening may occur if deemed necessary. Celebration Baptist Church has the right to decline the services of any volunteer, at any time, if it is determined that this is in the best interest of church.
Team Celebration Volunteer Expectations
- Volunteers will be committed to the church mission at Celebration Baptist Church and shall work in partnership with the church staff in accomplishing that mission.
- No one who has ever been convicted of child abuse of any kind will be permitted to work with children or students in any church sponsored activity.
- Volunteers will observe the “Two Adult Rule” at all times so that no adult is ever alone with a child or student.
- Volunteers will not be alone with another adult at any time in a room or enclosed area that does not have a window or the door left open.
- Volunteers will attend if possible all regular training and leader meetings provided by the church.
- Verbal praise and encouragement are the approved methods to demonstrate care and respect for children, students and adults.
- Volunteers will immediately report to their ministry leader any behavior that seems abusive or inappropriate.
- Volunteers understand that their continued involvement in the ministry is dependent upon their biblical character, attitude and actions.
- Volunteers will have respect for each person with which they interact.
- Volunteers will be punctual, arriving ahead of time, to set-up and welcome participants.
- Volunteers will be prepared for their task.
- Volunteers will communicate – when in doubt, please ask. Any questions about procedures or church policy should be directed to the ministry leader.
- If a volunteer is going to be absent for a scheduled activity, they will contact the ministry leader to notify them of it in a timely fashion.
- Volunteers will follow the dress code within each ministry and can ask their ministry leader if there is any question.
- Volunteers who have social media accounts (photographs, comments, re-postings, language, etc.) should always reflect well on the church and uphold Christian values.
February 18-19, 2019
We are sending a team to visit, connect, eat and share the love of Christ with refugees. Please contact Jen at email@example.com or (850) 328-0034 to sign up or learn more.
New York City, NY
June 2-8, 2019
Engaging South Asian Lostness in NYC
We are thrilled that you will be joining us during one of our Sifting Weeks for 2019. These weeks are very strategic to our work as we send out large numbers of volunteers to strategic areas of the city to sift for Muslims, Hindus, and Sikhs who are being drawn to Christ by the Holy Spirit. You will greatly multiply our efforts to look and find these people hungry for the gospel.
The Sifting Week project will run for 5 days (from morning to evening). We have scheduled 1 day for sight-seeing (Day 3 of the project). We will begin around 9:30 and not finish up until evenings. We will need your full participation throughout the project.
Here is a tentative schedule of the week.
Days 1, 2, & 4, 5
- 10:00-12:00 Training
- 12:00-3:30 Rest/ Transportation to your Sifting site
- 3:30-9:30 Sifting (prayer walking, meeting people, sharing Christ with them).
Free Day for sight-seeing or whatever you want to do.
Obviously, this is missions work, so our schedule can change at any time. Basically, our week will entail morning large group meetings where we will worship and train you to be effective here. We will break around lunchtime, at which time participants will divide themselves into groups of around 3 people each who will go out together.
Groups will be in the communities to meet, pray with people, share the gospel with people, etc. It is encouraged that groups also eat in the restaurants of the target populations.
We will then debrief each day’s activities the next day at our large group meeting. However, we do encourage teams to meet together at their hotel in the evenings to pray for people met during the day and to celebrate the work God did through their team.
A Few Logistics
- Everyone will need to purchase their own 7-day unlimited subway/bus card ($30).
- Bring some cash, as a lot of street vendors and some stores do not accept credit cards here. ATM's are everywhere, though.
- Bring comfortable shoes, water bottle, sunscreen, and a backpack for everyone.
- Please NO SHORTS, tank tops, tight, or revealing clothing while doing ministry. We are sharing primarily with Muslims, and they will be dressed nicely and not in shorts/tanks.
North Africa & Southern Spain
July 20-30, 2018
A team of 8-12 will be visiting North Africa in order to prayer walk, connect with the culture and see the harvest field they will be engaging. After a couple days, they will be flying to Gibraltar/S. Spain and take part in a focused project distributing gospel literature to hundreds and thousands of Muslims that do not know Christ.
Every year hundreds of thousands of Moroccans living in Europe go to their home country to visit family. Many drive south through Spain to take the ferry across the Strait of Gibraltar. There is an opportunity to distribute Bibles, Jesus Films, and other Gospel materials to them at rest stops along the highway near Malaga, Spain.
We have seen the material that is given out show up deep in the high Atlas Mountainsafter being brought in by family members from Europe. Typically, a whole family or even a whole village will have access to one packet of materials.