In the Bible the Church is described as one body with many parts(1 Corinthians 12:12). Each of us in the Celebration family is a part of that body and we all have a part in making that body work. We are called to use our gifts and talents to serve each other and the Church. Below you will find some of the ways that you can be a part of the Body of Christ at Celebration by serving!
“Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…”
Team Celebration is the way to get connected to serving! Visit the "Serve Here" tent on the runway to start the simple three step process to connecting.
|Apply- Fill out and submit a Volunteer Application & Background Check Authorization form. (No person will be allowed to volunteer without completing this form.) Where do you get the form?
When completed, the form is automatically and securely submitted to Human Resource Administrator (HRA) who will run the background check (see section on the next page) that week and will contact you if there is any problem or question with it.
|Train- In a few days, you will be contacted by a Ministry Leader. They will instruct you to view and complete a General Training Video and, as appropriate, a specific Ministry Training Video (i.e. - Children’s, First Impression, Students, Groups, Worship). Once you have completed the training, they will arrange to meet you and guide you in engaging as a volunteer!|
All volunteers will be checked against the national database for criminal history, including felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, and where permitted, felony traffic offenses. Also included is a search of Federal watch lists for the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (ATF), and Most Wanted lists for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the US Secret Service, America's Most Wanted, and the US Marshal's office. Additional screening may occur if deemed necessary. Celebration Baptist Church has the right to decline the services of any volunteer, at any time, if it is determined that this is in the best interest of church.
Team Celebration Volunteer Expectations
- Volunteers will be committed to the church mission at Celebration Baptist Church and shall work in partnership with the church staff in accomplishing that mission.
- No one who has ever been convicted of child abuse of any kind will be permitted to work with children or students in any church sponsored activity.
- Volunteers will observe the “Two Adult Rule” at all times so that no adult is ever alone with a child or student.
- Volunteers will not be alone with another adult at any time in a room or enclosed area that does not have a window or the door left open.
- Volunteers will attend if possible all regular training and leader meetings provided by the church.
- Verbal praise and encouragement are the approved methods to demonstrate care and respect for children, students and adults.
- Volunteers will immediately report to their ministry leader any behavior that seems abusive or inappropriate.
- Volunteers understand that their continued involvement in the ministry is dependent upon their biblical character, attitude and actions.
- Volunteers will have respect for each person with which they interact.
- Volunteers will be punctual, arriving ahead of time, to set-up and welcome participants.
- Volunteers will be prepared for their task.
- Volunteers will communicate – when in doubt, please ask. Any questions about procedures or church policy should be directed to the ministry leader.
- If a volunteer is going to be absent for a scheduled activity, they will contact the ministry leader to notify them of it in a timely fashion.
- Volunteers will follow the dress code within each ministry and can ask their ministry leader if there is any question.
- Volunteers who have social media accounts (photographs, comments, re-postings, language, etc.) should always reflect well on the church and uphold Christian values.