The Salt and Light Citizenship Ministry equips Christians to reclaim and preserve our Judeo-Christian heritage through responsible, biblically-based citizenship. It is concerned citizens in churches praying, getting educated and taking action! We are rediscovering the joy and privilege of being a citizen of the United States - under God - and preserving, as salt does, our Judeo-Christian Heritage.
You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.
Salt & Light Ministry
Monthly Prayer & Action MeetingsOne Sunday a month, 4:00pm, Room 9
February 3, 2019
March 3, 2019
April 7, 2019
May 5, 2019
All are invited to join us as we pray for our city, state and nation, get educated on current issues/events and take action living out our Biblical citizenship.
Biblical Worldview ClassesMaking Your Case for Christ
Making Your Case for Christ is designed to help Christians, both young and old, understand and articulate the message of Christ along with evidence that backs up his claims and credentials. The class will combine high points of the historical apologetics presented in The Case for Christ book and movie (by Lee Strobel) with specific evangelistic training related to this information.
- Helping Friends Consider the Case for Christ
- Describing Your Own Journey with Christ
- Backing Up the Biblical Record of Christ
- Presenting Evidence for the Resurrection of Christ
- Explaining the Central Message of Christ
- Encouraging Friends to Follow Christ
Sundays, 10:15am, Room 8
In a recent study, the Barna Research Group revealed a stunning statistic that continues to reverberate throughout the evangelical world. Only 9 percent of professing Christians have a biblical worldview.
Because of this, today's believers live very similarly to non-believers. A personal sense of significance is rarely experienced, we spend our money and time on things that fail to satisfy and we begin to wonder what life's ultimate purpose really is. We are, in short, losing our bearings as a people and a nation.
To counter this slide within the body of Christ, Focus on the Family has launched one of the most ambitious and powerful projects in the history of our ministry - The Truth Project.
Stop Human Trafficking
STOP TRAFFICKING TALLAHASSEE is an outreach ministry of Salt & Light. Celebration is actively engaged in stopping trafficking in our City, State, Nation and World. For more information and opportunities to take action, click here to visit our Stop Trafficking page.
One of the key aspects of addressing trafficking is managing our families use of technology. In an effort to help parents navigate the difficult landscape of Technology in a Biblical way, Focus on the Family has developed an excellent resource called A Parent’s Guide to Today’s Technology. Click here to download a copy today.
- Those the God has placed in authority over us (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
- Unity and peace in America and that the church will be a catalyst for reconciliation, love, and peace. (1 Corinthians 1:10, Colossians 3:13-14)
- The body of Christ will speak truth in love when confronting the secular culture and that God will be glorified in our interactions and those we come in contact with will come to a saving knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ. <1 Peter 3:15, John 13:34-35)
- God would continue to raise up capable leaders for our city, state, and nation that fear God, are trustworthy, hate dishonest gain and stand for Biblical truth (Exodus 18:21)
You are also invited to join us in prayer at our State's Capitol downtown. We meet once a month for prayer on the 22nd floor of the Capitol building and during the legislative session, we meet weekly for prayer. God commanded us to pray for our leaders and those in authority over us in 1 Timothy 2:1-4 and this is an excellent way to be obedient to that command by joining others from across our community in prayer for our city, state, and nation. If you would like more information, please email email@example.com.
Six Foundational Principles:LIFE
FREEDOM of RELIGION
SUPPORT for ISRAEL