Celebration is passionate about ending the horror that is modern day slavery and human trafficking. Many of our groups work regularly on projects to serve those exiting trafficking situations. Learn more below about how you can be part of bringing freedom and restoration.
The Spirit of the Lord is on Me, because He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim freedom to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free the opressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.
Celebration is passionate about ending the horror that is modern day slavery and human trafficking. Many of our groups work regularly on projects to serve those exiting trafficking situations.
During our 2017 Season of Compassion we will be celebrating the Celebration family's gift to The Porch Light. The Porch Light is a ministry of Florida Baptist Children's home that serves young women escaping human trafficking, providing them with a safe place and the resource needed to heal and start a new life. Celebration will be donating $15,000- the amount needed to put one girl through the program for a year.
Visit here often to learn how you can be involved in bring and end to slavery and help those escaping!
Starts January 10
Engage Together uses media segments, discussion guides, community assessment tools, and more to guide our group through all areas of the Alliance For Freedom, Restoration, & Justice Freedom Strategy. Learn more by visiting the AFRJ site.
- The Porch Light- Part of the Florida Baptist Children's Homes. Providing hope and healing for girls escaping human trafficking.
- THORN- Technology to defend children from sexual abuse.
- Hope for Justice- We exist to bring an end to modern slavery by rescuing victims, restoring lives, and reforming society.
- Homeland Security- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is responsible for investigating human trafficking, arresting traffickers and protecting victims.
- Rescue 1 Global- Rescue 1 Global is a 21st century abolitionist movement combatting slavery and human trafficking on a global scale by educating and mobilizing communities toward the prevention, rescue, and restoration of the vulnerable, victimized, and vagabond.
- Free For Life International- The identification, assistance and restoration of human trafficking victims and survivors.
- Freedom's Promise- Freedom’s Promise exists to bring freedom to the oppressed by demonstrating the love of Jesus Christ, preventing human trafficking and restoring communities.
- Legal Aid Society- Legal Aid Society offers free legal help to people with low income.
- Survive & Thrive Advocacy Center- Local, state and federal law enforcement representatives, as well as social service providers, know it can be extremely challenging to identify and assist victims of human trafficking because of their diverse needs and because human trafficking is a hidden reality. STAC was created to fill these needs and meet this challenge.
- NetSmartz- Educating students about Internet safety can be difficult, especially with constantly changing technologies and classroom time constraints. These resources can help.
Traffick Stop 2018
Thursday, January 11
Hosted by Florida Baptist Children's Homes, The Porch Light, One Purse, Into the Jordan Ministries and Voices for Florida
- 6:45am- Prayer breakfast registration begins (RSVP by Jan. 4, $15 advance purchase)
- 7:15am- Prayer breakfast with keynote speaker
- 8:15am- Event registration for all attendees
- 8:45am- Breakthrough Sessions (25 min each)
- PAUSE - Hosted by The Porch Light
- REFLECT - Hosted by One Purse
- TAKE ACTION - Hosted by Voices for Florida
- 10:30am- Unity March to the Historic Capitol
- 11:00am- Rally at the Historic Capitol featuring "The State of Trafficking in Florida" press conference with Secretary Mike Carroll of Florida Department of Children and Families, Dr. Jerry Haag, survivor Christa Hicks and more!
Whenever a child, teenager or adult stretches his or her arm out and puts up their hands, it symbolizes "STOP", "Back away", "Don't come any closer."
If only putting an end to trafficking was as simple as raising a hand.
In an effort to put up our hands in unity with survivors and with vulnerable people, in our communities and our nation, we are creating a space to interact with elected officials, fellow advocates, courageous survivors, field experts and more at Traffick Stop 2018.
Join us in Tallahassee on National Human Trafficking Day - January 11, 2018 - to pause, reflect and take action toward defeating human trafficking.
This is a unique opportunity to learn from peers and collagues, make a difference by conversing with lawmakers and make crucial connections that will shape the future of the fight against trafficking in Florida.
We will have materials provided that will help you connect with your local elected officials. Everyone is invited to join us for the breakfast ($15) and/or the breakout sessions, the march and the rally, which are all free.
Please purchase a ticket for the breakfast and also please RSVP for the breakout sessions if you plan on joining us, to ensure we can accomodate as many people as possible!
For questions about this event please contact RJ Walters at email@example.com.