In the Bible the Church is described as one body with many parts(1 Corinthians 12:12). Each of us in the Celebration family is a part of that body and we all have a part in making that body work. We are called to use our gifts and talents to serve each other and the Church. Below you will find some of the ways that you can be a part of the Body of Christ at Celebration by serving!
|Contribution Counting- looking for backup/on-call individuals that can fill in when someone is unavailable||Lori Messina|
|Mondays, 9:30am, 2 hours per month|
|Sam's Team- needed to go to Sam’s Club to pick up kitchen supply order, then organize and restock the supply closet. Need vehicle big enough for large boxes, heavy lifting not required, but helpful||Lori Messina|
|3rd week of the month, 2-3 hours per month|
|Chalkboard Team- help with chalkboard art in the Broom Tree Cafe. Just need to be able to trace and color in!||Katrina McMillan|
|last week of the month, 2 hours per month|
|Connection Card Team- input information from Sunday's Connection Cards into the church database and type the prayer request list||Katrina McMillan|
|2 hours per week, Sunday or Monday, rotate as the team builds|
Saturday, June 18, 2016, 6-8pm
The Father’s Day Weekend Car Show is one of Celebration’s largest outreach events each year. It has grown to be the largest car show in North Florida featuring over 200 cars, giving us an opportunity to reach out to those car owner and hundreds of guests!
|Car Owner Registration||Bill Reardon|
|Traffic Control||Rob Pace|
|Clean Up||Bill Snyder|
|Guest Registration & Vote Counters||Jerri Chesney|
Join our children’s ministry team You get free t-shirts and a chance to make an eternal impact!
|Blast Jr (infants-kindergarten)||Sunday Mornings||Join the team that our church can’t live without. Come help us teach, love and care for our little ones on Sunday morning. Join one of our three teams at 9:00am, 10:15am or 11:30am.||
|Sunday Mornings||Make a difference in our families and help serve on one of our BLAST teams. Join us at 9:00am or 10:15am as we lead kids in Bible study and fellowship.||Kara Murphy
|Adventure Week||July 25-28
|Join us for a fun week of camp activities with a twist! Adventure Week is for children going into 1st-7th grade. We do have preschool childcare available for workers only. Worker children are half price! Come be a part of this amazing week and help impact hundreds of kids.||Kara Murphy
||There are lots of opportunities for coaches, referees and administration. Join the Upward team and help us reach hundreds of new families.||Kara Murphy
Each Community has the following teams. To sign up to join one of the community teams, contact the Community leader in the table below.
- Community Connectors- meet guests and connect them with their community
- Gathering Support Team- setup, food service and cleanup teams for the monthly community gatherings
- INTouch Team- care for community members by making welcome phone calls, organize meals in times of need, writing notes of encouragement and more.
|College & Young Professionals||Kyle Kirklandfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Families with Preschoolers||Edric Sanchezemail@example.com|
|Families with Children||Fame Ranadafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Families with Teens||Tammy Burgessemail@example.com|
|New Horizons||Robin O'Donnellfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Celebration’s First Impressions team serves to welcome guests and members of the Celebration church family onto the campus and the make them feel at home while they are with us.
Currently they are looking for people to serve in the areas below.
- Greeter- Our Greeters create a warm and welcoming environment for new guest and our church family each week as they open doors and greet people as they arrive at various locations on our campus. They help connect new guests to our community representatives and help with wayfinding as well. Sometimes a warm smile and hello can make someone feel like they made a good choice to join us at church.
- Usher- Ushers help people find a great place to sit in our worship center each service and help insure our facility is ready. They are available during the services in case someone needs assistance and can answer questions about the service. They also assist in taking up the offering during the service. A friendly smile and willingness to help others is all that is needed to fulfill this role.
- Brew Crew- Nothing says welcome quite like a hot cup of coffee or tea and a smile. Our Brew Crew provides that every Sunday morning in the Broom Tree Cafe. Members of the Brew Crew serve one Sunday a month brewing coffee and greeting guests and church members as they come and get ready for their Sunday in worship and Groups.
A strong Group team is made up of many people that help carry the load of caring for the team. Below are the four main roles in a Celebration Group. Each role can be filled by more than one person!
- Fill- The role of the “Fill” person(s) is to keep the room full! Always be on the look-out for new members. If someone is not there, find out why- do member care and networking in class.
- Connect- The role of the “Connect” person(s) is the heart of the group. Side to side, people to people connections- involved with each other. Conduct ice breakers and get-to-know-you games in the group, plan and conduct group social events. You are the party person!
- Disciple- The role of the Disciple person(s) is to teach biblical truth in relevant life-changing ways. You will do the lesson planning, preparations (including handouts, discussion questions, etc), and bring up an assistant to help you and prepare to lead their own group.
- Mobilize- The role of the Mobilizer is to plan and carry out mission and ministry experiences for the group, working in conjunction with the Benevolence and/or mission team. This can be local, national or international.
Contact Doug Bedgood at (850) 328-0025, email@example.com or Chari Wester at (850) 328-0028, firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Celebration’s Immigration Ministry works to share the love of Christ in concrete, practical ways with immigrants and migrant workers in the Tallahassee and Leon County area. Right now, we our main partner is Pastor Juan Ocampo at Comunidad Cristiana Cristo Fusión.
- Collect clothing and shoes (especially men’s clothes)
- Co-host summer and fall outreach events at migrant community off Stuckey Avenue in Tallahassee
- Volunteer opportunity for carpentry/handyman skills to assist Pastor Juan in future expansion of new Hispanic church
- Thursday evening Spanish translation sessions at Celebration, Group Room 11, 6:30pm
Contact Yolanda Miranda-Hill at (850) 559-2578, email@example.com.
There are so many ways you can bring God’s Will and His Kingdom to earth as it is in Heaven (Matthew 6:10). Pray with us a little, pray with us a lot: it is ALL powerful, effective, and will help Celebration be known as a church that prays!
- Receive weekly emails of prayer concerns
- Receive urgent prayer requests that need immediate prayer
- Participate in periodic prayer calling parities to identify church members’ prayer needs
- Pray in the prayer room
- Participate in special events (Global Leadership Summit, Women’s Ministry events, special prayer services, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc)
- Be available after weekly worship services to prayer with individuals
- Prayer walk the church campus
Contact Barbara Berry at (850) 728-3805 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or learn more.
Reaching out in Christ’s love to those behind bars and returning to life outside of prison. Helping men and women in the rehabilitation process and equipping them with life skills while sharing the Gospel.
- Instructors for academic classes
- Male mentors in the men’s prison
- Female mentors in the women’s prison
- Give to buy Bibles, training materials, and supplies
- Letter correspondence
- Helping those released in re-entry programs
Contact Gene Presley (850) 501-4426, email@example.com or Doug Bedgood at (850) 328-0025 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of the Women's Ministry is to provide support, encouragement and discipleship while connecting with God and others. Our hope is that through this ministry your relationship with the Lord will deepen and you will be encouraged as you serve Him.
Currently We are looking to fill the following roles:
- Volunteers for large events- coordinators, setup, promotions, ticket sales, decorating and more.
- Leadership team- 2 spots available (age needed in the 30’s)
- Funeral volunteers- providing meals for the family and helping coordinate funeral reception
- Card writing volunteers- reaching out to those suffering from illness and loss or just needing encouragement
Contact Laura Forster at (850) 694-1808 or email@example.com to learn more or sign up.
Celebration Students can't happen without the adults that give of their time and resources to make it happen. We are very grateful for our many volunteers and are always looking to add more to our great team. We need Bible study leaders, chaperons, host homes, and more.
- Adventure Week Middle School Recreation team- (4 leaders) July 25-28 11:00-12:00
- Mfuge Adult Leaders- July 5-9th Mobile $180
- Wild Adventures Driver/Chaperone- Friday, June 10, $30
- Discipleship & T-Group leader- accountability, how to share your faith, ongoing
- Back Stage Prayer Team Leader- Wednesdays 6:30-7:00pm
- Sunday AM Table leader- 9:40am-11:15am
- Sunday AM Hostess- 9:30-10:00am
- Sunday AM Greeter/Connector for new students- 9:40-10:20am
- Converge Discussion Coordinator- Wednesdays, 6:30-7:45pm
- Converge Recreation Leader- Wednesdays, 7-7:30pm
- Converge Band Coordinator- Sunday rehearsal/ Wednesdays
- Converge Middle School Girls Leader- While guys are doing Rec, lead the girls thru an activity, Wednesdays, 7-7:30pm
- Monday Night High School Home Group Host- 7-9pm July or August
- Baptism Coach- follow up on students who make a decision for Christ, help them prepare for a baptism video, write out their testimony and help them develop a consistent routine to grow in God’s word.
- Local Mission Project Coordinator
- Social Media Coordinator
- MS Events Coordinator
- HS Events Coordinator
- Student Council Leader