Celebration Kinderschool is a parttime program that serves children from 1 year old through Kindergarten. Our goal is to help children connect to God through learning and to help their parents connect to others. Our programs runs on a calendar similar to the Leon Public Schools calendar. Our normal school week is Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Extended care is available. See below for more information!
Kinderschool direct phone line:
And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and with people.
March 2018 Newsletter
Dear CBK Parents,
March is already here and I can’t believe it! The Spring Program ‘Fruit of the Spirit’ is this Friday, March 2 at 12:00 noon in the worship center! I would like to say a special thank you to Erin Remy for her leadership. The children are SUPER excited to share their songs with you!
Here are some of our upcoming March events:
- March 2- CBK Spring Program 12:00pm with reception to follow
- March 4- Families with Preschoolers Community Gathering 11:30 (lunch included) CBC event
- March 7 & 8- Potty Training Boot Camp with Melanie Callaway 9:15 in the Broom Tree Café
- March 7 & 8- Black and White Pictures by Nicole Myhre (PLEASE WEAR SOLID COLORS)
- March 11- Families with Children Community Gathering 11:30 (lunch included) CBC event
- March 12-16- No school ~ Spring Break
- March 19- No school ~ Leon County Schools Teacher In-Service
- March 20- Students return to school
- March 30- No School ~ Good Friday
- March 30- Good Friday Worship 5:00pm & 6:30pm CBC event- Please join us!
- March 31- Easter Service 6:00pm CBC event- Please join us!
- April 1- Easter Services 7:45am, 9:00am, 10:15am & 11:30am CBC event- Please join us!
Our three year old classes collected food items for our Celebration Baptist Church Food Pantry. We have many requests from the benevolence committee of people in need of food. The children were thrilled to bring in their food items and take to the closet. Thank you to our parents for taking the time to take their children shopping and teaching them about giving to others. Proverbs 19:17 says ‘One who is gracious to a poor man lends to the LORD, and He will repay him for his good deed.’
Our staff was given a wonderful opportunity with two representatives from Early Steps who spent two hours with some of our staff teaching and reminding us the importance of early intervention. They will be conducting free screenings at CBK in the Broom Tree Café on Friday, March 23 beginning at 9:30. Please find attached a copy of the referral form. We also have some referral forms in the front preschool office. Also, attached is another opportunity for a free screening with Whole Child on Friday April 13 by appointment only.
- They will offer 45 minute slots for each family starting at 9:30am.
- They will conduct a screening with our assessment tool (Battelle Developmental Inventory Screener) and do intake for children with concerns on the spot.
- They will leave materials for anyone interested who did not have the opportunity to sign up.
- Their program serves 0-36 months but we only screen up to 35 months.
A Biblical Parenting Tip
Three Basic FAMILY RULES
Rules are important in family life. They clarify expectations and provide opportunities for parents to teach about values. Some parents, however, rely too heavily on rules. They develop lists and family life boils down to a bunch of do's and don'ts.
Remember that rules tend to focus on behavior and may miss the heart. But, if you use rules wisely and talk often about why the rules are helpful, you can teach your children a great deal about the values you want to pass on. As you begin setting rules for young children, we would suggest three simple rules:
- Show Honor
- Be Kind
Almost any infraction in family life can fall under one of these three. Having just a few rules is especially good for young children. These three become the basis for most other rules as children get older. Each of them represents an important character quality. These rules are simple and introduce young children to the fact that certain guidelines dictate what's expected in family life. Talk about them often as you teach and discipline your children. This will help you do heart work even at a young age.
This parenting tip comes from the book Home Improvement by Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller, RN, BSN.
Enjoy your Spring Break with your family and I hope you can have some quality time together!
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
Celebration Baptist Kinderschool uses "WEE Learn" which stands for Weekday Early Education. This Christian material uses preschool centers to promote the child's development in all areas. The purpose of this guide is to provide a framework on which teachers can build an early childhood program that allows children to grow and develop as Jesus did... "Jesus grew in wisdom and stature; and in favor with God and man." (Luke 2:52) We use an additional curriculum called ABC Jesus Loves me. Parents and teachers may also join their page on Facebook as well as utilize their webpage for additional resources. The curriculum for the Kindergarten program is multi-faceted. The ABeka curriculum is used to teach Reading, Phonics, Social Studies, Handwriting, and Science. The math curriculum we use is Saxon Math. A computer lab with age appropriate computer software also enhances the curriculum.
- Current Immunization Form- Request this by phone from your pediatrician; they will inform you if you need an appointment. We will need an updated Blue Card immunization form.
- Current Student Health Form (Yellow Sheet)- Request this by phone from your pediatrician; they will inform you if you need an appointment. The state has recently updated this form and there is a parent section on the back that must be completed as well as signed a parent.
We offer an extended day program from 1:00-2:30 called "Stay & Play!" It will be available for ALL ages! If you are interested in having your child "Stay & Play," sign-up is a one-time event for the school year. Please see the front office if you need to modify. We do offer a drop-in opportunity since we have staff available in the afternoons.
It is our prayer that your child will grow in many ways through our program. God helps us to grow mentally, physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually. In Luke 2:52 it says “And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.”
We look forward to connecting with all of you as we work together to foster the best year for your child! Our heart’s desire is to love you and your family as Christ loves you! Thank you for giving us the wonderful privilege of serving you and your precious family!!!!
‘We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us.’ I Thessalonians 2:8
|Melanie Callaway||Administrative Assitant|
|Barbara Sessions||Financial Assistant|
|DJ Johnston & Kennett Lumaka||1A|
|Lane Mathews & Vicki Sullivan LoCurto||2A|
|Lindsey Smith & Jo Routt||2B|
|Allyson Sheffield & Jennifer Sadberry||3A|
|Yolanda Larry||4D, Before School Care Coordinator|
|Erin Remy||3, 4, and 5 year old Resource|
|Anna Pedigo||1 and 2 year old Resource|
|Jennifer Sadberry||Stay & Play Coordinator|