Our goal as a Children's ministry at Celebration Baptist Church is to equip you to guide your children as they grow to be like Jesus. We only get them for a few hours a week at church, but you have them the rest of the time and we have some great tools to help you make the most of that time!
And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and with people.
Developing Young Athletes
This year, athletes will learn how to Rise Up and grow mentally, athletically, spiritually, and socially, through the 360 Progression™. They will be encouraged to have fun, develop skills, play hard, and play in such a what that others take notice.
Upward Leagues Have:
- 1 practice and 1 game per week.
- Unique substitution system that ensures every young athlete plays.
- Quality game day uniform and other sport related gear.
- Age appropriate character and skill development both on and off the field.
- Coaches who are focused on your athlete's development.
- 21 years of experience in youth sports.
3rd-6th Grade Basketball
- Registration Cost- $90 (basketball shorts are included at no additional cost)
- Registration Deadline- December 12- Full
- All leagues are co-ed.
- Everyone must attend one basketball evaluation
- Evaluations will take place at the Celebration Baptist Church Gym on the following dates:
- Tuesday, December 6, between 6:00pm and 7:00pm
- Thursday, December 8, between 6:00pm and 7:00pm
- Mini Camp- Thursday, January 5, 3rd & 4th Grade- 5:30pm; 5th & 6th Grade- 7:00pm
- Awards Ceremony- Sunday, March 5, 5:00-7:00pm
9am, 10:15am & 11:30am
9am & 10:15am
We encourage scripture memory as a part of BLAST. We choose 12 passages of scripture each year to memorize. We challenge kids and parents to memorize them together. We provide a Mega Verse CD and scripture cards to help memorize the passages. Pick up more information at the BLAST sign-in table. You can also stream the Mega Verse music through Spotify. Just search for the artist Tommy & Jo Hendricks.
Each week at BLAST kids can earn points to be used at the BLAST store. We have three BLAST stores spread throughout the year (check the parent info at BLAST registration for the next BLAST Store date.)
Mega Verse = 5pts.
Parent saying Mega Verse = 5pts.
Thank to all our volunteers that made Adventure Week 2016 the Best Ever!
Information on Adventure Week 2017 will be published as soon as the dates are chosen.
Family life is full of celebrations and milestones and we want to mark those moments with you. Here are some of the special moments that we commemorate together as a church family.
- Baby Dedication- This is a time to come before the church and make a commitment to raise your child to know the Lord and the church commits to join you and help you in this. Contact the church office to schedule your baby or child's dedication today!
- Preschool Blessing- Each fall our preschool hosts a picnic for the families of our three-year-olds. At this picnic, Pastor Tommy teaches about praying for our children and families receive a book from the church to help them as their children grow through the preschool years.
- 3rd Grade Bible Day- Reading the Bible is an important daily discipline and we want to equip our third graders to incorporate this in thier lives. Once a year on 3rd Grade Bible Day, parents have a chance to meet with Pastor Tommy and learn about the importance of Bible reading then present their third graders with their very own "Day by Day Kids Bible."
- 5th Grade SMAC- The transition from elementary to middle school can be a tough one and we want to make sure your children are ready for it. During 5th grade we have four Sunday Morning After Church (SMAC) events to help equip them. They will have lunch, go on a field trip and learn about important skills and traits such as respect, wisdom and keeping perspective. See the 5th Grade SMAC section below for more information.
SMAC stands for Sunday Morning After Church and it's our chance to help your 5th grader get ready for middle school. We meet five Sundays and discuss Respect, Grace, Wisdom, Destiny, and Perspective.
- September- Respect, FSU ROTC & Bowling
- November- Widsom, Tour Montford Middle School & Chiles High School
- January- Grace, Lady Noles Basketball Game
- March- Destiny, Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park
- May- Perspective, Tree-to-Tree Adventures Ziplining
Email Kara at email@example.com for information.
Working in Children's Ministry is a BLAST! And the amazing work of Celebration's Children's ministry couldn't happen without the volunteers that give of their time every week to serve our children and families. Want to join our team? We've got a place for you to serve!
- BLAST Jr Teachers & Assistants
- BLAST Leaders
- BLAST Registration
- Mega Verse Store Attendants & Shoppers
- KidStuff Volunteers
- Upward Coaches & Assistant Coaches
- Upward Referees
- Upward Scorekeepers