Our goal as a Children's ministry at Celebration Baptist Church is to equip you to guide your children as they grow to be like Jesus. We only get them for a few hours a week at church, but you have them the rest of the time and we have some great tools to help you make the most of that time!
And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and with people.
9am, 10:15am & 11:30am
9am & 10:15am
Adventure Week 2018 is coming
Registration Opens May 1.
We challenge kids and parents to memorize scripture and we give you the tools to get started at home. We provide Mega Verse CD’s and scripture journals to help memorize the passages. Pick up more information at the BLAST sign-in table. You can also stream the Mega Verse music through Spotify. Just search for the artist Tommy & Jo Hendricks.
Each week at BLAST kids can earn points to be used at the BLAST store. We have three BLAST stores spread throughout the year. Check the parent info at BLAST registration for the next BLAST Store date.
Mega Verse = 5pts.
Parent saying Mega Verse = 5pts.
Family life is full of celebrations and milestones and we want to mark those moments with you. Here are some of the special moments that we commemorate together as a church family.
- Baby Dedication- This is a time to come before the church and make a commitment to raise your child to know, love and serve the Lord and the church commits to join you on this journey. Contact the church office to schedule your baby or child's dedication today!
- Preschool Blessing- Each fall our preschool hosts a picnic for the families of our three-year-olds. At this picnic, Pastor Tommy teaches about praying for our children and families receive a book from the church to help them as their children grow through the preschool years.
- 1st Grade BLAST day– Each year on promotion Sunday (kids move up to new grade) parents join us at 9am for our parent / child welcome to BLAST day. Pastor Tommy welcomes you to BLAST and challenges you to pray for your children, encourage scripture memory, and gives resources on how to continue to raise your child to know, love and serve the Lord.
- 3rd Grade Bible Day- Reading the Bible is an important daily discipline and we want to equip our third graders to incorporate this in their lives. Once a year (in October) parents have a chance to meet with Pastor Tommy and learn about the importance of Bible reading then present their third graders with their very own "Day by Day Kids Bible."
- 5th Grade SMAC- The transition from elementary to middle school can be a tough one and we want to make sure your children are ready for it. During 5th grade we have four Sunday Morning After Church (SMAC) events to help equip them. They will have lunch, go on a field trip and learn more about the BLAST building blocks: respect, wisdom, grace, destiny and perspective. See the 5th Grade SMAC section below for more information.
Developing Young Athletes
This year, athletes will learn how to Rise Up and grow mentally, athletically, spiritually, and socially, through the 360 Progression™. They will be encouraged to have fun, develop skills, play hard, and play in such a what that others take notice.
Upward Leagues Have:
- 1 practice and 1 game per week.
- Unique substitution system that ensures every young athlete plays.
- Quality game day uniform and other sport related gear.
- Age appropriate character and skill development both on and off the field.
- Coaches who are focused on your athlete's development.
- 21 years of experience in youth sports.
3rd-6th Grade Basketball & Cheerleading
- Evaluations- Saturday, December 2, 9-10am and Monday, December 4, 6-7pm
- Mini Camp- Saturday, January 6, 9:00am
- First Practice- Week of January 8, 2018
- Awards Ceremony- Sunday, March 4, 2018
- League Cost- $95, after December 4th - $115
SMAC stands for Sunday Morning After Church and it's our chance to help your 5th grader get ready for middle school. We meet five Sundays and discuss Respect, Grace, Wisdom, Destiny, and Perspective.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Working in Children's Ministry is a BLAST! And the amazing work of Celebration's Children's ministry couldn't happen without the volunteers that give of their time every week to serve our children and families. Want to join our team? We've got a place for you to serve!
- BLAST Jr Teachers & Assistants
- BLAST Leaders
- BLAST Registration
- Mega Verse Store Attendants & Shoppers
- KidStuff Volunteers
- Upward Coaches & Assistant Coaches
- Upward Referees
- Upward Scorekeepers